Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My Philosophy as an Educator


“My Philosophy as an Educator”

When I was still in my grade school years, I was once asked what will be my ambition in life, I answered “to be a teacher someday”. In my senior year in high school, I was muddled with my thoughts of what will be my course, then I came to realized that to be a teacher was once my dream and now, I want to pursue it not just my career soon but my inclination in life. I have several philosophies as an educator.

One of my insights as an educator is that when there are no teachers, there are no politicians, doctor, dentists, nurses, police, engineers, managers, accountants and other career that is important in our society. We educators are the molders of the people, we are the model of everyone, and we are in a noble profession. I believe in this, it is because we made them all, they started as a students waited to be imparted with knowledge and trained, according to ReynozaDacutanan,“education is life’s greatest equalizer”  thus, we are the ground force of the generation. We teachers make the most to let the students go out of the shell and as what a renowned salon’s tag line, “we bring out the best in you”-the learners in particular.

“If education is cheap then crack ignorance”is my other insight. If there is no education, societies are ill-informed and illiterate.  Yes, I am aware that education is not a high-salary profession. Literally, nobody will be rich in this career, but the knowledge, treasures and the feeling of contentment that we impart knowledge and changes lives is enough for me to concede my purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment